1 cup poha / flattened rice
2 medium size tender brinjals
1 table spoon bengal gram
2 table spoon vangibath powder [ i used MTR vangibath powder]
½ table spoon tamarind paste
3-4 green chillies slit length wise
1 onion chopped
2-3 dry red chillies for tampering
A pinch turmeric powder
A pinch asafoetida
1 tea spoon mustard seeds
3 table spoon oil
A sprig of curry leaves
1 sprig fresh coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1. Wash and soak the poha by sprinking few drops of water for 10 minutes.
2. Wash and slit brinjals lengthwise and reserve in a bowl of water to prevent decoloration.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when they started to splutter, add curry leaves, asafoetida , turmeric powder, red chillies and bengal gram, saute until bengal gram turns golden yellow colour. Now add green chillies, onion and drained brinjals and sauté in a medium heat 6-8 minutes by adding salt .
4. Now add vangibath powder and tamarind paste and cook it covered for 3 mintues until brinjals need to cook.
5. Now add the soaked poha and mix well and cook covered in a low flame for 2 minutes. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
6. Serve hot .