FOR SWEET COCONUT SAUCE OR KAYI HALU
1 cup grated copra or coconut
½ cup jiggery
1 table spoon raw rice
2 table spoon poppy seeds
1 Cup wheat flour
1 tea spoon oil
A pinch salt
Oil for deep fryMETHOD
1. Take wheat flour in a wide bowl, add oil and salt to it and mix it with finger tips. Add water and knead it into a stiff dough which should be similar to poori dough. Keep aside
2. In a pan dry roast poppy seeds and raw rice separately till they become fragrant and start popping.
3. Grind roasted poppy seeds, raw rice , copra and cardamom to a smooth paste. Combine the mixture with water and bring it to boil for 5- 10 minutes. Now add jaggery and boil for few minutes until the mixture is combined and fragrant.
4. Take a gooseberry sized poori dough and roll it into a very thin roti. Heat oil in a kadai, and deep fry the poori on medium flame until they are crisp on both sides.
5. Put the deep fried poories in coconut sweet sauce or kayi halu.
6. Serve hot or cold.