1 cup tur dal
1 cup jaggery
½ cup grated coconut
1 cup maida
A pinch salt
A pinchturmeric powder
1 cup oil
1. Cook dal with 3-4 cups water in a simmer till dal becomes tender and Drain the dal.
2. Combine the drained dal with crushed jaggery and grated coconut in a thick bottom pan.cook the mixture till the turns slightly molten. Now add cardamom powder and mix well. Allow the mixture to cool.
3. Grind the mixture in a mixie or food processor without adding water into a smooth.this will becomes filling (hurana) for obbattu
4. In a bowl mix maida,wheat flour, turmeric powder and salt and knead a dough by adding water it should be much softer than chapathi dough. Cover the dough with 3-4 spoon oil and cover the bowl with a damp cloth and rest it for at least 2 hours.
5. Knead the dough (Kanaka) once more and pinch small balls of dough. Roll the filling into small balls as well
6. On a greased plastic sheet, roll out the dough balls into circles of 3" diameter using your fingers. Place the hurana and pinch the dough to close the filling.
7. Using your fingers, roll the stuffed dough ball into a about 7-8" circles.
8. Heat a tava. When smoking, grease it with oil. Place the rolled out obbattu on to the tava, cook of both sides by applying oil.
9. Serve hot with ghee.