3 cups puffed rice (pori)
1/4 cup roasted channa gram/ hurigadle/chutney dal / kadale pappu
1/4 cup peanuts
¼ tea spoon turmeric powder
1 sprig curry leaves
2-3 red chillis
A pinch asafoetida / hing
¼ cup dried coconut cut into pieces
1 tea spoon mustard seeds
2-3 table spoon oil
1 tea spoon chilli powder
1 table spoon crushed garlic
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan, fry peanuts and fried gram separately. Keep it aside.
2. In the same pan, heat more oil, add mustard seeds when they start to splutter, add curry leaves, red chillies, asafoetida ,garlic and dried coconut pieces and fry for few seconds.
3. Now add puffed rice , salt and chilli powder and mix well, fry till the pori becomes crisp.
4. Mix peanuts , fried channa dal and store it in a air tight container.
5. Enjoy this snack whenever u want.