10-12 lady’s finger
1 cup yogurt
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
6-8 curry leaves
2 green chilli chopped finely
1 tea spoon chopped coriander leaves
2 table spoon oil
1 teaspoon split Bengal gram
2-3 red chillies
A pinch of asafoetida
Salt to taste
1. Wash and wipe the okras clean, cut them into small discs about ½ inch long.
2. Take a heavy bottom pan, add some oil and put in the cut okras. Continue stir in intervals until it becomes crispy.
3. Meanwhile in a big bowl add the yogurt and if thick thin it out with water.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and split Bengal gram. Once it splutters, add red chillies, curry leaves, asatoefida and chopped green chillies. Fry this for less than a minute.
5. Pour this mixture to the curd and mix well. Add salt to taste. Mix the fried okra to the curd just before serving.