¼ kg fresh flat beans
5-6 green chillies
1 table spoon cumin seeds
¾ table spoon black pepper
A handful fresh coriander leaves
Lemon size tamarind
8-10 Garlic cloves
salt to taste
1. Cook flat beans in water and add salt to it so that it is absorbed into the flat beans while it is cooking. cook it till flat beans become soft. Filter the soup from boiled flat beans.
2. Roast the green chillies, soak the tamarind in a water and squeeze tamarind pulp from it.
3. Roughly mash cumin seeds, pepper, coriander leaves and garlic with a wooden masher or mixie. Add these to boiled flat beans water.
4. Now mash roasted green chilli, some boiled flat beans into boiled flatbeans water with your hands. add tamarind pulp and stir well.
5. Use the cooked flat beans as a side dish with this gravy.